Your dental health is important, and our patients’ safety is our top priority. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern. We are monitoring the COVID-19 situation and all CDC guidelines very closely.
A Guide to Brushing Your Teeth
Brushing your teeth is an indispensable part of good dental care. For healthy teeth and gums, you should brush a minimum of two times each day. Use a soft-bristled toothbrush that fits the shape and size of your mouth comfortably. A brush that is too large or small may not reach all parts of your mouth. When your toothbrush is three or four months old, replace it with a new one. Old, frayed bristles won’t clean your teeth well. For the best results, dentists recommend that you use toothpaste that has earned the American Dental Association’s (ADA) approval.
The Correct Way to Brush Your Teeth
- Position your toothbrush at a 45-degree angle to your gums.
- Move your brush back and forth gently, using short tooth-wide or circular strokes.
- Tilt your toothbrush and use up-and-down strokes to clean the inside surfaces of your front teeth.
- Brush every tooth surface, including the outer, inner, and chewing surfaces.
- To keep your breath smelling fresh and eliminate bacteria, brush the surface of your tongue.
Dental Care Goes Beyond Just Brushing
Brushing is important, but it’s not enough to ensure optimal dental health. Dentists say that you should include the following measures in your dental care routine:
- To remove plaque and bacteria your toothbrush can’t reach, clean between your teeth and under the gum line every day using dental floss or an interdental cleaner.
- If possible, brush immediately after eating starchy or sugary snacks.
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet and limit snacks between meals.
Schedule Regular Dentist Appointments
If you haven’t had a dental exam in a while, find an affordable dentist in Indiana and schedule one. Dentists can identify any early problems before they become serious, and recommend products and procedures that can help you protect your smile. You should also schedule professional cleanings with your dental hygienist at least once a year.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Indiana, call Wadas Dental today at (866) 881-7554 or make an appointment.
Wadas Dental offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Indiana. Our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Wadas Dental, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Wadas Dental.