We Are Open – Safety is Our Top Priority!
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
Posted on: March 3, 2016
Chew on the Advantages of Teeth Implants over Bridges
If you need to replace a damaged tooth or teeth, you’re probably debating between tooth implants and dental bridges. Use this expert guide to see why implants are often preferred.
The Beauty and Benefits of Dental Implants
Teeth implants offer many advantages over other tooth replacement options like tooth-supported fixed bridges. That’s why implants dentistry has become so popular and preferable among both patients and dentists today. Dental implants are desired over bridges because they offer these advantages:
- They look, feel, and function like natural teeth.
- They are more aesthetically appealing.
- They are much easier to keep clean than bridges, which can allow bacteria to seep in and cause decay.
- They won’t harm the health of adjacent teeth, unlike a bridge, which requires grinding down surrounding teeth.
- They offer better preservation of bone than a bridge, which allows some bone to diminish.
- They integrate directly with the jawbone for maximum bone health and personal comfort.
The Deal on Healing Time
According to implants dentistry experts, teeth implants typically require two to four months for the bone to fully heal. Yet be aware that every person and case is different, so just use this time as a general guideline.
Taking Care of Teeth Implants
In addition to looking and acting like natural teeth, dental implants require the same healthy oral hygiene and habits to stay healthy, attractive, and strong. While implants are not susceptible to decay and disease like natural teeth, they still demand proper cleaning care, including:
- Brushing at least twice a day
- Flossing at least once a day
- Regular professional dental check-ups and cleanings
- Occasional x-rays to check the level of bone around the implants
- Periodic implant checks for strength and proper function
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Indiana, call Wadas Dental today or make an appointment.
Wadas Dental offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Indiana. Our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Wadas Dental, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Wadas Dental.