We Are Open – Safety is Our Top Priority!
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
Posted on: November 11, 2014
Dental Implants – 6 Frequently Asked Questions
The best dental implants are now available to almost anyone who has one or more missing teeth because of periodontal disease, accidental injury or other causes. A dental implant dentist can evaluate your existing teeth and jaw bone to see if you are a good candidate. Affordable dental implants are the best solution for the vast majority of people who have lost teeth. Following are answers to six common questions about dental implants.
- What is a Dental Implant? A dental implant is a metal device that is surgically implanted into the jawbone to serve as an anchor for an artificial tooth. Dental implants can also support bridges or dentures.
- How Do Implants Differ from Real Teeth? Implants feel, look, and function just like natural teeth, but how they’re attached to the jawbone is different. Implants also require different forms of maintenance and repair.
- Who Places Dental Implants? A special dental implant dentist such as a periodontist or oral surgeon usually places implants. Some general dentists may also have advanced training in surgical implants.
- Can Lost Bone Be Regenerated to Support Implants? There are several ways your dental implant dentist can help regenerate lost bone, or graft it into the extraction socket to support an implant. Placing implants may actually help to prevent further bone loss.
- Who is a Good Candidate for Dental Implants? Most healthy people with missing teeth are good candidates. If you have serious medical problems such as cancer, uncontrolled diabetes or severe gum disease, implants may not fuse to your bone properly. Your dentist in Indiana can help determine if implants are right for you.
- How Should I Take Care of Dental Implants? Good oral hygiene and regular visits to your dentist and dental hygienist are essential for monitoring implants and the tissues surrounding them.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Indiana, call Wadas Dental today or make an appointment.
Wadas Dental offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Indiana. Our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Wadas Dental, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Wadas Dental.