We Are Open – Safety is Our Top Priority!
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
Dentures – Answers to 4 Common Questions
If you’ve lost your teeth, affordable quality dentures can restore your smile and your self-confidence. Dentures are removable replacements for missing teeth and surrounding tissues. Made from plastic or acrylic, the best dentures look like natural teeth and gums. Complete permanent dentures are made to replace all of your teeth while partial dentures close gaps created by single missing teeth and prevent tooth shifting. Immediate dentures are placed on the same day as tooth extractions. Conventional dentures are placed after gum tissues have healed.
- How Will I Know If I Need Dentures? People of all ages can suffer partial or extensive tooth loss, so dentures aren’t just for older people. Replacing missing teeth is important for maintaining bone structure and preserving remaining teeth as well as speaking and chewing properly. The emotional and social impact of tooth loss can be devastating, but your dentist in Indiana can help you deal with anxiety, and determine the best dentures to restore your smile.
- How Long is the Process for Getting Dentures? It generally takes five appointments (about a month) to complete the process. After an initial evaluation, a wax bite and impression are created to match the dimensions in your mouth. The final denture is placed after it is tested and adjusted for shape, fit, and color. It may take several weeks to get accustomed to wearing dentures. Your dentist can give you tips to help ease the transition.
- What Do I Need to Do to Take Care of My Dentures?
- Remove your dentures and brush them every day.
- When you’re not wearing them, soak your dentures in water or denture cleanser.
- Never use hot or boiling water to sterilize your dentures.
- To improve stability, use denture adhesives as directed.
- Be sure to remove your dentures at night.
- Are There Alternatives to Getting Dentures? Affordable quality dentures are an option for virtually anyone, but if you prefer an alternative, ask your dentist about implants; these are titanium devices that hold a single artificial tooth in place, or serve as anchors for permanent implant dentures or bridges.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Indiana, call Wadas Dental today or make an appointment.
Wadas Dental offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Indiana. Our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Wadas Dental, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Wadas Dental.