We are open - safety is our top priority!
Got Bad Breath? Here are 7 Solutions
Got bad breath? It shouldn’t be ignored. Bad breath can be a sign of a dental or medical disease. Conditions such as unmanaged diabetes, acid reflux, or an untreated infection can present as bad breath in the early stages. Talk to your dentist if you are suffering from bad breath. A family dentistry professional can offer treatment options and help you identify the root cause of the condition. Don’t let bad breath slow you down—find an affordable dentist and get treatment. The guide below can help you minimize bad breath until you can see your dentist on Indiana. Family dentistry experts recommend the following to help stop bad breath:
1. Brush and floss more often. If you have concerns about bad breath, consider brushing after each meal, rather than just twice a day. Plaque and tartar build-up are one of the primary causes of bad breath. This build up of sticky bacteria can lead to bad odors in the mouth.
2. Brush your tongue. The tongue can form a coating each night and sometimes throughout the day that can harbor malodorous bacteria. Getting rid of the bacteria is easy with diligence to brushing or scraping your tongue each time you brush your teeth.
3. Take care of your gums. Just like your teeth, your gums need care, too. If bacteria gather in open pockets in the gums or between the gums and teeth, bad breath can result. Gum disease is a serious condition and should be promptly addressed. See your dentist in Indiana if you suspect you are suffering from gum disease.
4. Treat dry mouth. Lack of saliva promotes bad breath. If your mouth is dry, hydrate. Make sure you are drinking plenty of water throughout the day. If your mouth is still unusually dry, talk to your dentist or doctor. Dry mouth is a side effect of certain medications.
5. Avoid foods that cause bad breath. Brushing your teeth can’t get rid of odors from foods like onions and garlic. Although these foods are good for your health, the pungent odors will make their way into your bloodstream and travel throughout your body, coming out through your pores and breath. If you want to prevent these odors, it is best to avoid these foods altogether. If you can’t be deprived of these flavor-enhancing foods, limit intake 24 to 48 hours before social events.
6. Stop smoking. Looking for another reason to stop smoking? How about the fact that it causes bad breath? Bad breath is a guaranteed side effect of smoking. Smoking damages gum tissue, stains teeth, and increases your risk of oral cancer.
7. Chew sugarless gum instead of eating mints. Sugary hard candies, like peppermints and restaurant mints, promote the bacterial growth in your mouth and actually contribute to bad breath. Opt for sugarless gum instead. This will promote the production of saliva and contains xylitol, both of which can reduce bacteria in the mouth that cause bad breath.
To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Indiana, call Wadas Dental today or make an appointment.
Wadas Dental offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Indiana. Our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Wadas Dental, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Wadas Dental.