We Are Open – Safety is Our Top Priority!
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
Posted on: May 3, 2015
Important Dental Care Basics for Healthy Teeth and Gums
A healthy smile isn’t just attractive; it also keeps oral diseases at bay and helps boost your general health. If you brush and floss regularly, and schedule routine appointments with an affordable dentist, you’re taking important steps to protect your teeth and gums, but basic dental care involves more than good hygiene. To get the best results from your personal dental care plan, you should also follow a mouth-friendly diet low in sugar, and avoid bad habits that could be harmful to your oral health. The facts and recommendations below can help you improve your overall dental health. Proper dental care is essential because it:
- Prevents tooth decay.
- Prevents gingivitis and periodontitis, which can eventually lead to tooth loss if untreated.
- Strengthens your tooth enamel and helps prevent staining caused by foods.
- Shortens your dental appointments and makes them more enjoyable.
- Reduces the amount of money you spend at the dentist’s office.
- Prevents embarrassing bad breath.
- Bolsters your overall health.
- Helps you keep your natural teeth for a lifetime.
How to Ensure a Lifetime of Good Dental Health
- Schedule regular visits with an affordable dentist for exams and professional cleanings.
- Brush with a soft-bristled toothbrush twice a day and floss every day to remove plaque that can cause gum disease and damage your teeth.
- Avoid foods and beverages with high sugar content since they can cause plaque.
- Don’t smoke or chew tobacco. Tobacco use is associated with tooth stains, gum disease, and oral cancer.
- Choose oral care products that are accepted by the American Dental Association.
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush or a tongue cleaner to clean your tongue, particularly if your tongue is deeply grooved or tends to get coated.
To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Indiana, call Wadas Dental today or make an appointment.
Wadas Dental offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Indiana. Our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Wadas Dental, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Wadas Dental.