We Are Open – Safety is Our Top Priority!
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
Toddler Dental Care Tips from Kids Dentists
By the time they have reached two-and-a-half years of age, most toddlers have developed a full set of baby teeth. It’s the perfect time to start instilling great dental care habits. Baby teeth may not be permanent, but they are important for maintaining proper spacing for permanent teeth. To prevent early tooth decay, caring for baby teeth is essential. Pediatric dentists suggest scheduling a dental exam when your child reaches one year of age. Kids dentists can spot early problems and treat them before tooth loss occurs. The first dental visit may cause anxiety, but getting to know the dentist is important for making future care easier.
Affordable Family Dentistry in Indiana
Although you may be tempted to take your child to your own dentist, it’s usually not the best option. However, your dentist can help you find a kid-friendly provider in your area. Another way to find kids dentists is to ask friends, relatives, and other parents for recommendations. You may also contact the American Dental Association or the American Academy of Pediatric Dentists for assistance with affordable family dentistry options. When selecting from a list of pediatric dentists, look for one who will allow you to stay in the exam room with your child.
Helpful Advice from Pediatric Dentists
- Don’t allow your child to sleep with a bottle of milk or juice. The constant exposure to sugars can erode teeth.
- Avoid sweet and starchy snacks, which increase the risk of tooth decay.
- Assist your child with brushing and flossing until he or she is about eight years old.
- Ensure that toddlers brush after eating breakfast and before going to bed.
- Choose a soft toothbrush specifically designed for children.
- If your child cannot brush, instruct him or her to rinse with water to remove food particles and dilute sugars.
- Kids dentists recommend stopping pacifier use as soon as possible since it can interfere with proper development of your child’s teeth and jaw.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Indiana, call Wadas Dental today or make an appointment.
Wadas Dental offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Indiana. Our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Wadas Dental, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Wadas Dental.